The Quiz Page
7 - General Quiz:
1) He calls his dog Chewbacca Khan. He won the Sword of Honour in the 12th std. At St. Columbus, Delhi. He made his debut on television as a soldier. Who?
2) In restaurants today, the computerised bill is heavily in use. The items are often abbreviated. If you found MS Dos written on your bill what would you have eaten?
3) Created by Tnoshiro Honda and Eiji Tsukusuya it was named after a workman at Toho studios in Tokyo. Radioactive and 164 foot high, it breathes fire and made its way to the cover of TIME and Newsweek in the 60s. What?
4) If you went to Ooty and asked for a "Filmi Chakkar" what would you get?
A tour of the locations where movies are shot in Ooty
5) This man's first direct contribution to the test field was a leg-break over where he gave nine runs. The place was Port of Spain in 1971. Who?
6) Connect: Mortisia, Gomez, Pugsby, Wednesday,
Uncle Fester and It.
7) Which vehicle has the registration no. NCC 1701?
Star Trek Enterprise
8) It is called the Hoysala in Bangalore. What is it in Mysore?
9) What is the duck that appears on Channel 9's cricket scorecards called?
10) What would you find at 1600, Pennsylvania Avenue?
The White House
11) Who is the daughter of Fred and Wilma Flintstone?
12) It made its first appearance in the New York Times supplement in 1913. What?
13) He is the son of accomplished choreographer Sundaram Master. He made his first on screen appearanceas an extra in a song in the movie 'Agni Nakshatram'. Who?
14) What does the 31 in Baskin Robbins 31 signify?
That it is available in 31 favours
15) His residence is called "Neverland Ranch'. His autobiography is titled Moonwalk. Who?
16) What is common to Rajnikanth, Johnny Walker, John Major?
All were bus conductors at some point of time
17) In the Bofors case who was nicknamed 'Lotus'?
18) His heir apparent Baby was killed a year ago. His brother Arjunan and his two associates Ayyandorai and Karanangalur Ramaswamy committed suicide. Who?
19) Which brand's new adline is 'I Can'?
20) Which cricketer is nicknamed 'Jammy' because his father used to work in Kissan?
21) His middle name is Fauntleroy. His father's name is Quackmore. Who?
22) He made his debut as a stunt double for Bruce Lee because Lee refused to jump from 30 feet for a sequence. Who?
23) Who is the only real life character to appear in Tintin comics?
24) Who was the target of the Jackal in the 'Day of the Jackal'?
Charles De GAulle
25) One of the two main components of the dowry given by Catherine Braganza to Charles I was the Moroccan city of Tangiers. What was the other?
26) What is the screen name of Al Pacino
in the movie 'The Devil's Advocate'?
27) Abandoned in front of a cathedral, he was brought up by a priest. His name in Latin means 'half formed'. He became the church bell ringer by the age of 14 and lost his hearing as a result. He was dubbed the'Pope of Fools'. Who?
Quasimodo, the Hunchback of Notre Dame
28) Which animal gets its name, from Tamil, because it supposedly has the strength to kill an elephant?
29) What does the NE in the Premier 118 NE stand for?
30) Under what category does the Guinness Book of Records enter itself?
As the most stolen book from Libraries
31) The book 'A Christmas Carol' gave two
words to English language. One was Scrooge. What was the other?
32) This linguist knows 13 languages. He recently released a semi-autobiography titled 'The Insider'. Who?
P.V. Narasimha Rao
33) The video of which recent chartbuster is based on Indiana Jones?
Aqua's Dr. Jones
34) Who represents the constituency of Gurdaspur in the current Lok Sabha?
35) His father was the dreaded dacoit Bhairav Singh. He is the founder chief of the Citizens Security Force. Who?
36) Who would you find with Raveena Tandon on the cover of the latest issue(Aug 98) of Filmfare?
37) Which popular comic character made his first appearance in Pep Comics No. 22 in Dec 1941?
38) What did the Romanian Govt. ban in 1935 saying that it frightened children?
39) Who wrote romantic novels under the pen name Mary Clarissa Westmacott?
40) What was the football world cup trophy called before it was renamed the FIFA trophy?
Jules Rimet Cup
41) If you were 'oscitating' what would you be doing?
42) Who, at a Nobel awards banquet, wished that the dinner could have been packed and carried to the more needy back home?
43) India is developing an ICBM called Surya and also an underwater missile. What is it called?
44) Who is the host of a new Star Plus chat show called "Not a nice man to know" which is also the title ofhis autobiography?
45) In Hindu myth it is referred to as the Pralaya, in Christianity as Armageddon. What is it referred to as in Islam?
« Return to Gopal's Homepage
« Return to The Quiz Page
» Goto Quiz 8
« Goto Quiz 6
© 1998 Gopal Srinivasan <email@example.com>