The Quiz Page
9 - General Quiz:
1) Sachin Tendulkar was named after his brother Ajit's favourite music director. Who?
SAchin Dev (S D ) Burman
2) Who is known as the 'Terror of MM Hills'?
3) In which Indian city did Shivaji marry?
4) Which British General was responsible for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
5) What is the Sanskrit word for 'refined'?
6) In telephone terminology what does ISD stand for?
International Subscriber Dialing
7) Which Indian author's first names are Rasipuram Krishnaswamy?
8) Name the wife of Agni.
9) By what name do we know the Hindi actor Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia better?
10) Which place in Bangalore was originally known as South Parade?
Mahatma Gandhi Road
11) Name the mascot of France' 98?
12) Two wards in the Tihar Jail in New Delhi were named after Indian cricketers by supercop Kiran Bedi. Who?
SAchin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli
13) To avenge whose death did Bhagat Singh shoot and kill General Saunders?
Lala LAjpat rai
14) Why did Pakistan supposedly name its missile 'Ghauri'?
Because it thought India had named Prithvi after Prithviraj Chauhan
15) From which ancient Indian work do we get the lines 'Satyameva Jayate'?
16) This product is manufactured only by one company - The Mysore Paints & Varnishes Ltd.What?
Voter's Indelible Ink
17) Whose ashes are supposedly stored at the Renkoji Temple in Japan?
Subhash Chandra Bose
18) Which actor and director both made their debut in the Kannada film 'Pallavi Anu Pallavi'?
Maniratnam and Anil KApoor
19) What is the name of the play by Girish Karnad dealing with Basavanna and his Sharanas?
20) Who founded the Mysore Bank now known as the State Bank of Mysore?
Sir M. Vishweshvarayya
22) Who is the Indian God of Medicine?
23) Which of India's greatest freedom fighters got his name because his familywere originally sellers of perfume?
Gandhi from gandha
24) The Chipko movement was found to save trees from destruction. By what name was it known inKarnataka?
25) The letters that he wrote to his daughter from jail were published as a book 'Letters from afather to a daughter' . Name both.
Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira GAndhi
26) Which state has the distinction of having the most Jnanpith Award winners?
27) Who promotes Kannada theatre through his troupe called Rangayana?
B V Karanth
28) Which great writer and poet introduced and promoted the sport of Judo in India?
29) Who wrote the book "The God of Small Things' which won the Booker Prize last year?
30) Which international airline is named after the vahana of Lord Vishnu?
« Return to Gopal's Homepage
« Return to The Quiz Page
» Goto Quiz 10
« Goto Quiz 8
© 1998 Gopal Srinivasan <email@example.com>